Leavin’ on a jet plane? Grab a bite at these Logan Airport eateries

Discussion in 'BOS/MHT/PVD | Boston Area Airports' started by sobore, May 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blo...n/2012/05/leavin_on_a_jet_plane_grab_a_b.html

If you fly a lot for work, one perk is the frequent flier miles and hotel points that you can cash in for free vacations. Being a road warrior myself, I’ll admit that that part’s not half bad. One of the not-so-perks, however, is the amount of time you spend in airports. But since you can’t really avoid it, you may as well enjoy yourself while you’re there.

As someone who has spent many hours grabbing oatmeal and sandwiches en route to her next flight out of Logan Airport, I’ve learned to not just order from the first place I see (partially thanks to the trusty GateGuru app). Broken down by terminal, here are my picks for the best bites.

Terminal A. If you have some extra time, why not get a lobster roll in the home of the lobster roll, rather than at some questionable place in somewhere the Cleveland airport? Legal Test Kitchen is a tasty -- although more expensive -- spot if you’re craving seafood. They also have a grab-and-go option, but make sure you ask how long it’s going to take.

Fresh City is good for a quick and inexpensive breakfast burrito. It also wins for being a less “offensive” option. No one wants to be that guy in the middle seat who breaks out a steaming plate from Panda Express that’s spilling out mandarin sauce within minutes of takeoff. A neatly packed wrap alleviates this disastrous problem.

Terminal B. The most important thing to know in this terminal is that there is both a Dunkin’ Donuts and a Starbucks, so don’t be tempted to settle for your less favorite option if you see the other first. If you’re the true Boston native who loves a good Dunkin’ iced coffee, you can get it -- but if you prefer a grande double shot latte, you can get that, too.
    The terminal’s food court boasts a nice perk: a quiet, somewhat hidden place to do work and take calls, just to the left of and behind the McDonald’s (of course, revealing this fact means that I just gave away my secret spot).

Read More: http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/blo...n/2012/05/leavin_on_a_jet_plane_grab_a_b.html

uggboy and rwoman like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can live without Panda Express, but enjoy have Legal Test Kitchen and Dunkin Donuts in Terminal A.

:)

uggboy likes this.
  3. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose that out of a misplaced sense of fairness he left out the Legal
    outlets in B (US side, postsecurity, okay), B (AA side, presecurity, good),
    and C (presecurity, pretty good).