Le Meridien Munich or 4 Points Central in Munich?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by LAM, May 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a free SPG night to use so I am thinking of using it in Munich. Narrowed down the SPG choices to the Le Meridien and the 4 Points Central due to the fact will be using the main train station several times. I will probably use points for the other night or cash and points if I stay at the 4 points. I do not have status with SPG. Any opinions on which place to choose?

2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Le Meridien is more centrally located, being across the street from the main train station, and so you can easily catch busses, trams, subways, etc. that go all over the metropolitan area. The 4-Points is located over near the Oktoberfest meadow, and while there are some subway stops nearby, it's sort of out of the way.

If you're walking, the Le Meridien is a shorter walk to Marienplatz or the Hofbräuhaus or the shopping areas.

Also, the 4-Points *is* a 4-Points. It's comfortable, but it's not a Le Meridien. :D

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Le Meridien.

Even if you are there for Oktoberfest, IMO. If the 4 Points offers free WiFi and that is of value to you maybe worth something, but the location and amenities at the LeM are better in my view.

4. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the opinions. We will be in Munich in February. I think I will splurge and use points for my second night at Le Meridien. Free WiFi would be nice but a necessity. Also it will be nice to not have to lug bags after an overnight flight in coach to the 4 Points (I am way to cheap for a taxi for that short a trip). I know the area as I stayed close by my last trip in Munich at a small local hotel. Also it will be nice to splurge before staying two nights in a really basic hotel on our next stop.