Le Meridien Koh Samui

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sendaiben, Mar 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

You know those hotel surveys that ask insipid questions like: "were you enchanted by your stay", or "did the staff make you feel appreciated"?

Well, this time, we were and they did. This was possibly the best hotel experience we have had, and we thoroughly enjoyed both of our one-night stays. I was travelling with my wife in March 2012.

The good:

-the staff, from Tina Liu the manager right on down to the porters, are excellent, friendly, professional, and extremely well trained
    -the complex is very well designed and beautiful
    -the hotel treats platinum members very well (above and beyond the TOC). Plat benefits in March 2012 included: welcome drink, welcome fruit plate, upgrade to Pool Access Suite, complimentary evening drink (per guest), free breakfast, and choice of plat amenity :)
    -the pool access suites are a great balance of privacy and pool access
    -the breakfast is very good but not quite as good as the St Regis Bangkok (for reference)
    -the pool/beach/floating dock are great
    -the lantern launching ceremony, although it sounds a bit cheesy, is actually a beautiful and moving experience. Highly recommended and an amazing touch
    -lots of complimentary water (we got up to 12 bottles a day including the turn-down service) :eek:

The bad:

-the wifi internet access was weak and intermittent during both our stays
    -the hotel is quite far from Lamai, about a 25 minute walk, so renting transport or taking taxis is necessary
    -lots of staircases, so certainly not barrier-free (not a problem for us, but would be a deal-breaker for anyone with mobility issues)
    -people seemed to be reserving sun loungers with towels and not using them while preventing other guests from enjoying them. I would recommend the hotel start preventing this behaviour (the St Regis in Bangkok has a good system: any items left unattended for more than 30 minutes are cleared away by staff)

This is an excellent resort that takes very good care of its guests. I was originally a bit worried after reading some of the less favourable reviews on tripadvisor, but our experience was fantastic.

I would recommend raising any issues you have immediately with the manager, as she is very visible (came and said hello both times at breakfast).

One possible caveat is that the resort seemed fairly empty when we were there, so we had a very quiet and peaceful experience. I can imagine this being different if the resort was full.

However, we loved Le Meridien Koh Samui, and will definitely be back here again :D
  2. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

A recent stay & review by the Bengali Miles Guru (@tahsir21) was just posted on Hack My Trip: http://hackmytrip.com/2014/01/hotel-review-le-meridien-koh-samui/
    Photo by Tahsir Ahsan
    sendaiben likes this.