Le Meridien Cybeprort Hong Kong Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Simon, Apr 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Whilst I have never stayed at this hotel, I received the following information about benefits they give out to Platinums which is quite generous. I thought I`d get the ball rolling with what little information I have about this hotel.

-Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt up to two persons (06:30-10:30am)
    -Complimentary selected drinks throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor) (max 2 person)
    -Complimentary in-room high speed internet access
    -Complimentary shoes shining service (max 2 pairs)
    -20% discount in all restaurants
    -50% discount on overnight parking
    -20% discount on Business Service & Facilities
    -Upgrade to next room category and it is subject to hotel’s availability. With limited amount of suites at this hotel so upgrades can be limited.

2. abk
    Original Member

abk Silver Member

Status Points:
    I assume you are talking about the hotel in Hong Kong and not China per se. Maybe you should change the thread title to reflect it and are you part of some infomercial for the hotel?

3. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Since 1997 Hong Kong has been part of China but I see your point.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not a matter of Hong Kong being part of China but of it being informative to identify the city in the thread title. If I didn't know the place, I'd suspect that this thread is about a brand or chain of SPG hotels throughout China.

You should note that free internet for Plats is now mandated by SPG worldwide. Also, we are entitled to upgrades if available at check in to the best room (not just one category like the AmEx FHR program), including select standard suites but excluding specialty suites.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    A few random comments:

This property is located quite far from "downtown" areas of Hong Kong and is far from subway lines, IIRC they charge for shuttle service from the Airport Express station in Central and it can be a long ride in traffic.

Do the complimentary beverages for Plats include alcohol at happy hour time?

6. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Sorry forgot to mention in my previous post that I requested the thread titled be changed after abk's suggestion.

Regarding the suite upgrades, I wrote back to them and they do in fact upgrade you as per the normal SPG rules but then go a step further to upgrade you if you do in fact book a standard suite to a speciality suite (subject to availability). Sounds like a great hotel for SPG Platinums to stay at!

Shame about the location as you pointed out.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they sometimes have reasonable deals for some of their suites, but I don't understand their room categories. Executive suite or something could mean junior suite or it could mean deluxe suite, above standard.

Look especially for pay for 2 nights, get one night free, etc. deals here.

8. kaka
    Original Member

kaka Gold Member

Status Points:
    i went for a drive around hk with fellow MPers fumitani, KIXMan and Chris_Li and oops we found the lift and lobby slightly shabby. not worn down shabby, but it seems like its from the previous generation of hotel decors...

9. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just completed a stay here. I was pleasantly surprised! Maybe I'll put up a little report when I have time to upload a few select photos...

10. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok here are a few pics. Overall this hotel is good for what it is...like all reviews say, not close at all to Central but kind of a nice out of the way relaxing place. I thought the service was really good. Pool not crowded, breakfast buffet great. I was upgraded to a deluxe ocean view king, wrap around windows. I wouldn't avoid, just depends what you want out of a visit to HKG.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nice welcome amenity

11. hungarianhc
    Original Member

hungarianhc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Le Meridien Cyberport for a 24 hour layover a couple months ago. It's a very nice property, but it's not at all near downtown. They have a very nice shuttle that runs at regular times. I believe there is a small charge for it, but I remember only being charged on one of the two directions. I think that was a driver error, though. I wrote a trip report about my 24 hours there. I was only gold at the time so I can't vouch for all the Plat benefits, but I did see some platinum amenities set aside, and they looked nice.

If I were to go back to Hong Kong, I don't think I would stay there again. There are too many amazing properties that are more centrally located to go all the way to the cyberport. Also, I need an SPG stay for a promo, and I got a great rate there - that's why I stayed there when I was only in Hong Kong for a night. I think next time if I'm spending "real" time in the city, I'll pick one of the nicer properties like the W. If I'm only going to be there for a night, then I'll go with the Marriott out by the airport so I don't need to take the train.