Le Meridien Budapest - Master Thread

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Simon, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This hotel is very centrally located in Budapest and not to be missed. I had a wonderful stay here but chose to avoid the 25 Euro breakfast even though both the Front Office and Concierge kept trying to make a hard sell for it. Mc Donalds and other Hungarian restaurants are minutes away from the hotel and a quarter of the price for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The service at this hotel is incredible and everything you would expect from a Le Meridien. As a Platinum I was upgraded to a Business Suite (maximum upgrade they give out) which is huge (photos can be found from someone else here The suite was so wonderful, I felt like I didn't want to leave the room. The check in included a full walk through of the features of this room which was very beneficial. The pool is small and the saunas looks like they are just there to keep the star rating rather than something they actually expect people to use as they are so dirty and neglected.

Overall another amazing hotel that I could highly recommend to anyone who needs somewhere to stay in Budapest.

KIXman likes this.
  2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    I spent three days at this hotel. I can vouch for the concierge service; it was outstanding. It is very centrally located; minutes walk from restaurants, shops, the Danube and the Chain Bridge to walk across to Buda.

3. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another vote for this hotel- excellent location, good service, and nice rooms.

4. latrobe
    Original Member

latrobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Though on our stay back in September 2010 as a plat we got a third floor room and you could hear every train that passed below-the underground is right below.

5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    //RQST HIGH FLOOR :)

6. latrobe
    Original Member

latrobe Silver Member

Status Points:
    We did but no go-hotel was full.Didn't help to see some of a large tour group being assigned high floors when we were asking for a change.

7. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Strange. Hotels normally put Tour groups in the shittest rooms they can find as that's the catch 22 of allotment.

8. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very strange. I have stayed many times at this hotel and have always been on a high floor.

9. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
    I also get a Upgrade to one of the highest floors -> just as a Goldmember!
    From my room we have had a very nice view over the roofs of Budapest to the "St Stephen's Basilica"!
    Just sad that it was raining...

Very nice is also the "Roofpool" in tropic style and with the windows to open by sunny weather!

Room with View to the Basilica
    Image00001.jpg

Pool and jakuzzi under the roof
    Image00009.jpg

Greetings Mark

10. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Mark - What room did you end up being upgraded to?

11. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sorry Simon, but i cant really tell you which room i get finally!

The "roofwindows" look like on the picture of the Diplomatic Suite - but surely it was to small for a suite?

I just book a normal "Superior Room" for around 96 Euro because i stay 2 Nights before at the IC Budapest and the 3. Night there was costing around 280 Euro! There was a congress so the prices rise up very high there at this night...

I was very happy to get such a cheap room in the LM so i enjoy the upgrade anyway! :cool:

Greetings Mark

Here i have some other pictures - maybe somebody here know this room?

Image00002.jpg Image00004.jpg Image00006.jpg Image00007.jpg Image00008.jpg Image00009.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Looks like a business suite to me. Glad you enjoyed your stay with them.

Mark.Dragon likes this.
  13. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes, i enjoy the stay veeery much!

And because i normaly make it like " you get what you booked" i was much more happy about the nice room upgrade and specially the view by night on the St Stephen's Basilica -> even the view from the IC Budapest on the Chainbridge is a little bit more stunning and more romantic if you enjoy the view together with your Girlfriend... [​IMG]

Greetings Mark