Le Méridien New Delhi - Great Experience

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by ClarkyBoy, Sep 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    All,

Just wrapping up a 2 day stay in this wonderful hotel, and thought I'd share some of the details.

Hotel is in a very central location in New-Delhi, close to embassies, good restaurants and shopping (although Delhi is so big, everything is driving...). Hotel is "chic", think french/W style.

Got checked in swiftly, recognized as Platinum and upgraded to a very cool "Velvet Suite" - complete with living room, bedroom and a big bathroom with a great rainforest shower and a nice big bath tub. They had fruits, a big bottle of red-wine, water and nuts/chocolates all waiting for me upon arrival.

Service is amazing, I asked to get me some toothpaste (once) and pick up laundary. I swear the guy was at my door before I disconnected the phone both times.

Hotel has a 3-room Gym with everything you need and I spent a good two hours there + nice round pool outside (think more kids play, less laps) and an awesome executive lounge. Breakfast was good with plenty of warm and cold options, good healthy choices (if you are in to those things) and very attentive service. They have happy-hours in lounge, yummi stuff in the afternoon and good coffee (especially if you are coming from China like I did)

Plats in this hotel get all the usual items + 1 free pressing, 2 hours use of an office room (cool) , Happy hour every evening, Lounge access, DVD upon request and more.

Here are some pictures from the room:
    [​IMG]
    Living Room

[​IMG]
    BedRoom (Partial)

[​IMG]
    Bedroom Study Area

[​IMG]
    BathTub

[​IMG]
    Shower Area

Over all, I would recommend this an option for everyone staying in Delhi.

ClarkyBoy

2. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree short term this is a good place to stay. The location is great and there is never a problem getting a taxi or tuk tuk to get around. The car service is excellent but you may have to reconfirm a reservation for the service more than once. However after four weeks at this hotel I needed a change. I ended up loving my stay at the Taj Palace even better for my last four weeks in Delhi. I think the service at the Taj is better. I had no status at the time but I had dinner, club access, and free laundry negotiated by my employer at both hotels.
    A couple of picky points about the Le Meridian. Because it is an atrium hotel (all the rooms open on the atrium) it could be loud. I was awaken one night by a crying baby who I think was in the lobby. The leather shag rugs in the room creeped me out thinking about the dirt in them. I also had to fight a few times with the desk about billing items such as free dinners etc.