Layover in Singapore

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Sloweddy00, Sep 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be spending about 26 hours in Singapore, which hotel would you recomend?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NYBanker likes this.
  2. maromero02

maromero02 Active Member

Status Points:
    I went to Singapore maybe 4 years ago and I stayed at the pan pacific.. Very nice facility and very clean.. Excellent location and excellent service.. I don't know your budget but even if you don't stay there you should check out the marina sands hotel ( big boat shape in the roof top)

Sloweddy00 likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Budget matters. There is a VERY wide range there.

viguera and Sweet Willie like this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
  5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    if departing very early from SIN, I'd recommend one of the Ambassador transit hotels (inside security) in the terminal, or perhaps the Crowne Plaza which is attached to SIN (outside security).

Otherwise, I agree with Wandering Aramean, there is a huge choice of hotels in SIN.

viguera likes this.
  6. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the responses!
    Thinking no more than 300.00.
    I was planning on using a Hyatt free night, but there is nothing available, unless I am willing to part with 570.00.

7. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    When are you going? F1 is there end of next week and rooms are Outrageous even by Sing standards. My favorites are Intercontinental, lots of food options at Bugis Junction across the street(some local flair). Get a club room(recently refurbished), its in your price range. I like there exec lounge and have excellent service here.

Also, Conrad.....great service, food and hotel. Sometimes in advance the rates are reasonable. Prefer to the Hilton

The Hilton is close to the same area as the Hyatt, on Orchard if you want the expat....high end shopping ect. It all about when your going an how full they are.

My rates rune 230-400 depending on occupancy, and I adjust accordingly. Obviously if you have Hotel status that will sway you. I will be back at all 3 of these hotels in the next 2 weeks........

9. altchristopher

altchristopher Active Member

Status Points:
    Depends on what you wish to accomplish in your 26 hours and what time you arrive and leave.
    What time do you get in? What do you leave?
    Do you want to go out to a bar? Do you want to see the sights? Do you want to stay in the hotel for amenities?

10. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty amazing. I was telling the Mrs. that I wanted to stop in Singapore on our future Asian region trip, and that's a great hotel choice. There's not really much of a chance of getting that place with a US based points/rewards program is there?

11. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well its part of the Sands cansino company which Ventian/Pallazzo is part of IHG. So you never know

servo46250 likes this.
  12. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Exactly right, I'll be there next weekend, no wonder prices are high and no vacancy!
    Thanks for the suggestions

13. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would like to sightsee, I'll get there late at night and leave the following evening.
    Maybe do a little shopping!

14. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the other hand with F1 going on next weekend, I'll tell my girlfriend that she can shop and I'll check the race, ha ha!

15. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Keep in mind that you need a BP to get through immigration into the terminal to use the transit hotels. That can be a challenge depending on the airline you're flying.

With the OP's budget I cannot offer much insight; it is roughly 3x my budget for rooms and I don't know much in that market. The Intercontinental looked nice when I got out of a cab in front.

iterfacio12 likes this.
  16. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used my free night from the Priority Club credit card to book a night at the Intercontinental Singapore. It is a very nice hotel, great location and usually way out of my budget. If you don't mind the price, go for it.
    BTW- the hotel was less than 20 minutes from the airport.

LizzyDragon84 and astraveln like this.
  17. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Hyatt and it was nice but certainly not at $570 a night

18. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
  19. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only reason I would want to get out to the city on such a relatively short stop would be to experience a bit of it. If that is the idea, then I would recommend the Hilton (definitely under USD300), where I have stayed multiple times and will be staying again early next year. It is in a happening part of the city, right across from Orchard Tower, which has 4 solid floors night entertainment (live bands, floor shows, etc).

20. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I checked the Hilton and the going rate for next weekend is 527.00, I guess I picked the wrong day for a layover, but no problem I'll find something!
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I truly enjoy that a complete stranger can come up here for help, and get it.

21. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow! Even SGD, 527 is steep! Not worth it...

22. Sloweddy00

Sloweddy00 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not SGD, but USD!!!

23. astraveln

astraveln Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately F1 is probably thei busiest time of year. One suggestion, I might book a room at a full and flexible rate, then just keep checking....sometimes things open up at the last minute as rooms held dont get checked into. Maybe.....somthing will open at a reasonable rate, but it wont be below 300 USD. Pan is 360US for the weekend

Drop a Star or so..... thats the only way to get something reasonable!:) Have fun...

24. Gardyloo
    Original Member

Gardyloo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Changi Crowne Plaza looks like US$346 with an AAA/CAA card or similar. It's a lovely hotel.

25. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am not sure when this layover is but a King Deluxe at BAR (Best Available Rate) goes for USD260 at Hilton SIN this week. In fact, if you're a Hilton Honors Diamond member the standard reward for that room would cost just 40K points/night, which is dirt cheap (also cheap for points + money = 20K +USD$93). I might be able to help out if you PM me, but the important thing is that if I assume that the layover is this week, I can find reasonably priced rooms at Hilton SIN, which is where I would recommend that anyone with only hours to see the city stay.