Layover in Atlanta. Which SPG property?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by vickers, Sep 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    My new job has me flying back late, and my layovers are usually in Atlanta. The past 2 times, I have arrived late due to delays, and had to spend the night in Atlanta until my rebooked flight left the next day. I know that there are no SPG properties on the ATL SkyTrain (which would be really nice). My research has uncovered there are 2 SPG properties close to the airport. The Sheraton and the Westin. Any experience from those who have stayed at both these properties? How is shuttle service? Upgrade experiences?

Thank you.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at the Sheraton. Nothing special... don't remember upgrades. Never stayed at the Westin but if I were stuck at the airport that'd be my go-to, primarily because I prefer the Westin experience and bedding.

vickers likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depending on the timing, you could consider other SPG properties that are located close to MARTA stations. It's on the other side of Atlanta, but there is a nice Westin and a W at Buckhead, within walking distance of the Lenox Mall for more restaurant choices. Downtown has the iconic tall circular (and renovated) Westin about a block from MARTA, an undistinguished Sheraton, a W and another W in a different neighborhood, etc.

IIRC the Marriott is the only hotel on the SkyTrain.

vickers likes this.
  4. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Ill go with them first.

5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Yeah, ive stayed at the Spring Hill Suites on the Sky Train. Very convenient, and awesome free breakfast. :)