LAX terminal transfers

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by annkreit, Mar 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. annkreit

annkreit Silver Member

Status Points:
    We are arriving LAX on UA from JFK. Transferring to an Asiana flight to ICN. Luggage will be checked through from JFK to ICN. Is there a way now to transfer post security from Terminal 7 to TBInternational?

2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think there is. Right now you can get as far as terminal 5 (Delta) post security. I believe that the tunnel between T5 and T4 is supposed to be reopened eventually, and that T4 is supposed to get connected to TBIT post-security, but how long that will take is unknown. It will also be a fairly convoluted path since you'll need to go to the front of T7 to connect to T6, then go back out to the middle of T6 and go downstairs to get to the tunnels. The tunnel between T6 and T7 is part of the FIS.

It's not a bad walk from T7 to the TBIT. I prefer walking on the upstairs (departures) level where you'll have some sun.

3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    not at present. but there are some nice new restaurants and shops at TBIT. so go straight there is you want to enjoy for a bit.

4. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depending on the time of day, it is hard to get through on the sidewalk, with all the departing pax. Besides, lower level exhaust is all part of the LAX experience! In any event, as long as you don't have much luggage to carry or roll, the walk is much better than waiting for the bus.