LAX - Parked Car @ T3 Arrivals

Discussion in 'Travel Security' started by rwoman, Jun 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

I came into LAX T3 on AS this past weekend. I was early and had about 30 minutes until my sister showed up to retrieve me. A Mercedes pulls up to the curb, puts on its flashers and the driver leaves. After about 20 minutes, I call the LAX Police to report the car...maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd rather make a call, even if it's nothing. My sister arrives 10-15 minutes later and the car is still there. No police have been nearby to ask about the car. My sister calls and dispatch says they're doing "their best."ng

It was probably nothing, but it did not build my confidence in the LAX PD. In my travels through T5 the police are always everywhere, policing the curbs, addressing this type of thing.

:rolleyes:

2. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Your story should raise concern in all of the flying public. As a regular traveler, I am always on guard in airport, hotels and especially on the aircraft. To have an unoccupied car parked in front of any airport terminal, but especially one that is a target such as LAX, is totally and completely irresponsible on the part of the airport PD!

viguera likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I totally agree with you, although I once reported an abandoned large suitcase in the baggage claim area at CDG. I saw someone leave it there and quickly walk away. The French police told me that since it had been either hand luggage or checked, it must have been inspected somewhere so there was nothing to worry about. I stayed as far away from it as possible and was relieved when my bag arrived and I could leave the airport.

4. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    This example helps illustrate what the role of the traffic police at LAX are there for.... to ensure that traffic keeps moving along and that people aren't blocking the curbs in the busier terminals (i.e. T1, TB, T4, T5, T7).

Your safety is not their concern.... hassling you is :confused:

Gargoyle likes this.
  5. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    ORD is quite different- they are definitely not "lax" in chasing away motorists. You can hardly stop to let someone out or pick someone up without them coming up and yelling at you to move.

6. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is similar to my experience @ LAX T5...T3 was pathetic!

Gargoyle likes this.
  7. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps LAX PD should transfer responsibility to TSA...that vehicle would have been groped, scanned, yelled at, swabbed and humiliated as fast as I can say Mercedes. :D

garyst16 and rwoman like this.
  8. Critic
    Original Member

Critic Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had to make a late-night pickup run to PHL over the weekend...surprisingly, I was able to sit with my blinkers on in the Terminal E pax pick-up zone for about 10 minutes while my friends found their way over, and was never chased off my PPD. I wonder if the location of the pickup zone (on the far side of the baggage claim building) and the late hour had something to do with it...

All I know is that at EWR, the cops are on top of you the minute you hit the brakes.

Gargoyle likes this.
  9. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    /sarcasm on/

Well, of course it's OK at LAX. After all, they search cars entering the airport grounds. Can't be too safe, you know.

/sarcasm off/