LAX layover Q

Discussion in 'LAX/SNA/LGB/BUR | Los Angeles Area Airports' started by annkreit, Sep 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. annkreit

annkreit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Am doing a UA MR this week. I have a 3 hr connect time in LAX outbound and a 4 hr on my return. Would appreciate any suggestions what to do with all this time.

Quasiconvexity and marcwint55 like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

The encounter restaurant in the middle of the airport has a very nice view if you want something like that. The international terminal also has some decent restaurants. Three or four hours is probably not enough time to really do anything outside of the airport, although you might be able to take a cab to Venice Beach. I really would not recommend leaving the airport as security lines can sometimes be quite lengthy.

3. Quasiconvexity
    Original Member

Quasiconvexity Gold Member

Status Points:
    SC Flier likes this.
  4. joejones
    Original Member

joejones Silver Member

Status Points:
    I second the In 'n Out suggestion. You can get there by taking a free parking lot shuttle van, as explained in the link above.

5. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    head over to Westchester Village. Close to LAX with plenty of dining options. cheap cab ride, bus ride or take the shuttle from the "Parking Spot" airport parking on Sepulveda.

However, on second thought, depending on the time of day, it might take you 3 hours to get out of and back into LAX... stay in the terminal!!!

6. annkreit

annkreit Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks to all. I have qualified for pre-check so maybe I will check out the In Out

7. mikeschu
    Original Member

mikeschu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is In-N-Out doable on a 2-hour layover w/o PreCheck?