LAX-JFK 762 TRIP REPORT IN FIRST AND BUSINESS

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by THREEA4ME, Jul 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. THREEA4ME
    Original Member

THREEA4ME Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey there --

Just flew First to JFK on the 762 and return in Business and I must say that while it is always nice to be in first, the actual difference between the two classes is minimal (compared to say the 777 where the difference is huge). In fact, the meal service, as far as I can tell, was the same (my friend flew back in first on the return while I was in business and we compared notes).

Also, the 762 is OLD. Very warn down. At least on the planes I was on. Could not believe how tired everything looked. I love American's routes, their mileage program and their great customer service for Explats, but I can't wait for the new planes.

uggboy likes this.
  2. akghost
    Original Member

akghost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I'd agree with you; the 762s are quite old! I'm curious to hear if anyone can speculate on what will replace the 762 and in what configuration? Will they retain their "flagship" three class service if they replace the 762 with A32X or 738s etc?

3. Microwave
    Original Member

Microwave Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're asking on a frequent flyer forum for wholesale speculation? You're likely to get your wish. :) Just for fun I'll throw some facts out too. AA did announce as part of the recent narrowbody order that they expected to eventually replace the 762s with aircraft from that order, but they further clarified that the wide bodies aren't going away soon, and they haven't decided how they'll be running their premium transcon routes after the 762s are removed from revenue service.

On to the rank speculation: it's possible AA will reconfigure the 763s for transcon service as 787s come online, or they may create a subfleet of A321s or 739s à la UA, or they could just use standard mainline jets, or they could create a matter-to-energy transporter and bypass air travel altogether. Or they could do something else.

4. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Like anyone can even know that."

5. akghost
    Original Member

akghost Silver Member

Status Points:
    You never know, aamilesslave; You never know whether or not insiders or experts on the forums who are at the Airlines or close to them can chime in with some "speculation" and the next thing you know that "speculation" is exactly or near exactly what they'll do!

@ Microwave: Thanks for your "speculation" :p, I also do think the matter to energy transporter will be offered as the replacement... :p. I hope they put the 787s on it, though!

DeltaExpert, Microwave and PedroNY like this.
  6. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

7. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    787s on that route would be fantastic!

akghost likes this.