LAX-BKK

Discussion in 'Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus' started by FlyingFree, Feb 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have not flown Thai since the late 90's when I did business class Bangkok-Kathmandu. WIll be doing Royal Orchid LAX-BKK later this year...anyone take this flight recently? How would you rate the seats, service, and food?
    Years ago, Thai service, even in business, was among the best I have ever experienced....but reading some posts over the years, it seems that some think service is not as good as it used to be....what's your opinion?

2. akghost
    Original Member

akghost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey FlyingFree,

I took LAX - BKK a few years back, '07 I believe. I also was in Royal Orchid on their A340-500. The seats were fantastic, they do a really good job with their 2 X 2 X 2 Config and the entertainment system was great as well (for 3 yrs ago). I must say that the service was much less than what had been there in the 90s. I remember walking into the galleys on their B744s LAX - KIX - BKK or their B743s on NRT - BKK and beaing able to talk, grab stuff, and enjoy; their service made up for their gaps in technology like PTVs at one point. Now it's much more routinized and less personal on the A345. The cabin is so big that the attendents work all the customers, whereas before the 744 (especially ones with the big galley) had a much more personalized feeling; perhaps because they split up into two cabins, one upper and one lower deck.

I hope that helps!

DeltaExpert and FlyingFree like this.
  3. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks...I have heard similar stories...I will keep my expectations in check and just be happy I'm flying in Royal Orchid LAX-BKK on miles...and let the rest take care of itself!

4. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm assuming there are no pajamas in Royal Orchid LAX-BKK...but hope that I am wrong!

5. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    PJ's are for F not C.

6. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is what I figured...I'd be in First if they offered the service from LAX...but I decided that business non-stop was better than First LAX-NRT, then changing for BKK...the longer the flight, the more chance I may actually get some sleep and be human when I arrive.

I'll just bring my QZ PJ's from First Class a few years ago...

7. IndyDavid
    Original Member

IndyDavid Gold Member

Status Points:
    FlyingFree likes this.