LAX: airliners.net posted this on Facebook today

Discussion in 'LAX/SNA/LGB/BUR | Los Angeles Area Airports' started by kansaskeith, Aug 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/559143_10151093879543960_1132557553_n.jpg

A lot of people abhor LAX. Frankly I grew up there, and to this date have a soft spot in my heart for the place. Pictures like this one from airliners.net remind me one part of it I like so much. Particularly in the late afternoon, even if you are not flying internationally but are nevertheless within eyeshot of the Tom Bradley terminal, like at the Terminal 4 Admirals Club. The view makes it look like you are at the crossroads of world culture and commerce. Used to get a similar feeling when I was in London and would visit LHR. But LAX is special. Love the place :)

daemon14 and uggboy like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like FRA to me. Or even SFO at certain times of the day. In other words... home :)

uggboy likes this.
  3. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't look too much like Wichita, however.

4. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I went to Imperial Hill this week to see if the 300mm telephoto lens a friend gave me still works. Spent many hours there. :)

5. drdubs
    Original Member

drdubs Silver Member

Status Points:
    Although you can (usually) only see one landing at a time, I'm still partial to the patch of grass across the street from the In 'n Out on Sepulveda. Begrudge LA what you will, it's a good place to spot interesting planes. Thanks for sharing!

daemon14 and kansaskeith like this.