Latest Churn

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by LAM, Dec 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did my latest churn today. I got immediate approval for the highest level Club Carlson Visa, the Hilton Amex, and the Freedom. On the Citi Forward I had to chat with "Lisa". They were only going to give me a $500 limit. I only have two Hilton Visas with them. They did offer to take part of the limit of one of the Visas and add it to the Forward. I had only one application for the SPG Amex in the last 6 months. I was worried about the Club Carlson Visa because so many people have gotten turned down. I wonder what would have happened if I had done a two browser trick and applied for the Thank You premier today also? YMMV

iolaire likes this.
  2. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 2 browser trick hasn't been working for me lately. I get rejection letters due to "multiple applications", and without a hit on the credit report.

3. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's odd. I've used the 2 browser trick twice in the last 2 weeks for different people and both times was successful with the applications.

4. norge
    Original Member

norge Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you check your credit report to see if they did one or two hard pulls?

5. Dad to GO

Dad to GO Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like they only had one hard pull. I plan on doing the 2 browser "attempt" when my 18 months have passed since my last Citibank AAdvantage approval which will be in mid 2013. Maybe I can pray to the credit card gods and the 75K sign up bonus will be back :p

Slow_Mustang likes this.
  6. Slow_Mustang
    Original Member

Slow_Mustang Silver Member

Status Points:
    CC God here, I will be looking forward to your prayers and then I will decide whether to bring back the 75K bonus. ;)