Latest AoR - No Easy Road

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by mo26, Mar 13, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks,

Since I don't have a blog, figured I'd post my results here for some feedback ;)

I was 90+ days from my last AoR, and here is what I went for:

AMEX BIZ GOLD (75k) - Automatically Approved

AS BIZ CARD (25k) First Purchase - Approved with a call to Recon

BA VISA (50k) - Automatically approved, but I talked to the Preferred desk before applying, they said I should be able to get it matched to the recently expired 100k offer. If that doesn't work, I probably won't even activate it.

CITI AA (50k) x2- I got approved for the Visa version immediately, but the second was tossed out just like I expected. I shot a letter to my hometown processing center, so we'll see what happens.

Frontier MC- Declined...My first one, and it kind of hurts. First of all, who knew that their recon line would close at 5pm EDT??? I processed at around 510. More bad news, in MN they always just pulled from EF (the only ones that did). Well, apparently now they pull from EF and TU, so they tossed me out for recent inquiries because they also had all of yesterdays activity by the time I called this morning. Damn.

Anyone know how to get to Costa Rica on cheap points :)

- MO

2. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well one week later, and I have some news.

Once again, Chase has proven themselves to be amazingly customer service friendly. It took a number of secure messages, but today they agreed to extend the 100k offer to me, retroactively. Very nice of them indeed!

A week after mailing into the Citi Executive Review department and I never heard a word from them. Looks like a single AA Platinum card for me. oh well, too bad I missed such a great opportunity :(

Like a true addict, I am already looking 91 days into the future for another fix. I'm thinking AA Biz to get to 100k the hard way, an Ink Plus, the AS visa if the 40k offer pops up again, and an AMEX personal platinum...Here's hoping a great offer comes along, but the MB 50k offer is alright by me!

- MO

3. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Off peak travel using AA miles.

thepointstraveler and mo26 like this.
  4. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with mo26 depending on where you are, Avios can be a good deal as well. I just got back from Costa Rica 2 weeks ago and it was awesome (except for a few fiasco's the first couple days :) ) I ended up using Avios since I already had all my AA miles locked up for something else.

mo26 likes this.
  5. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've reading about these "fiasco's" :)

Did I follow that right that you're living in SoDak? I grew up over there....No wonder I like to travel so much, not a lot of draw to the Black Hills after the fourth or fifth visit!

-MO

6. thepointstraveler

thepointstraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    Cool! Thanks for reading! That tends to be how my luck has been lately, it is always one thing after another, but it keeps life interesting!

Yep good ol SoDak.. Corn, Cows, and... well that's all we have! What part of the state you from?

mo26 likes this.
  7. Puffs

Puffs Silver Member

Status Points:
    What does the "AS" stand for in AS biz card/AS visa? Thanks!

mo26 likes this.
  8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Presumably Alaska Airlines.

mo26 likes this.
  9. mo26

mo26 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, Alaska Biz. 25k after first purchase.

-MO