Late Check Outs

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by LAM, Jan 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Is it better to contact the hotel before you arrive to request a late check out or just wing it and ask when you check in. I have two hotel stays on my trip to Germany and Prague next month where my train does not leave until later in the afternoon. I would like to get a late checkout of 1-2 hours. One of the hotel I have status the other I do not.
  2. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Silver Member

I always request, prior to arrival. Being a Diamond HHonors member has normally helped secure these.

We probably have not gotten nearly as many early check-ins, and for international travel, now just book the night before our early AM arrival.

Now, hotels might not be able to tell you, whether they have room for a late check-out, until that day, so not sure that early request has much to do with it. I seldom get full confirmation on late check-out, until into my stay, but they at least know what I want.

Good luck.
  3. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

If they deny your late check-out, you can always stash your luggage with the bell-hop, Then you can walk around the city before your train trip.