Last-minute upgrade availability?

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Saracen, Sep 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying to Europe (from SIN) in two weeks. At the moment, both segments show no availability for upgrades (well, the LHR-SIN segment shows availability of Full awards, but that's as good as nothing). I just wanted to find out how often last minute availability for upgrade redemptions shows up? I have enough miles with my credit card company, but it would take about a week to transfer them into my KrisFlyer account. At the same time, I'd rather not transfer them in if there's no chance of using them, as they don't expire where they are at the moment.

Thoughts?

SQ LPP likes this.
  2. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I should state this is a Y (full fare) to C upgrade I'm talking about.

3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I forgot, can you waitlist for an upgrade award? (Haven't used upgrade award in a while)

4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen waitlisting offered, but in this case, all the Saver/Standard awards are showing as “Not Available”

5. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been waitlisted a few times for full awards (not upgrade awards) which in the end cleared toward the departure dates, so might be worth a try.

lwkatya and Saracen like this.
  6. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just my opinion. If you have that much points to be transferred, and you know you will fly SQ in the next one or two years, why not just transfer the points to KF miles now. In this case you will have an immediate source of miles to be used for redemption.

AFAIK, you can ask for waitlist for upgrade using miles. It will come from the same fare bucket as the full miles only redemption.

lwkatya, cennas and Saracen like this.
  7. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good point on transferring anyway; just paranoia, I guess.

The issue here is that waitlisting isn't even being offerred.