Last minute trip to Venice

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by michael21, Apr 30, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I had a miami trip planned for may 20-26th but we're trying to see if anything is available to Venice. We are flying out of ORD and so far I can't find anything in business to anywhere close (we can buy tickets from lhr, mxp etc..)

Please help...I have points in MR, United, BA, American etc..

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    A quick check on AA.com shows AB C class awards to JFK/DUS available on May 19th returning 26th.
    I didnt check the connecting and ongoing flights since the trans-Atlantic legs would the most difficult to secure.

3. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have done and would do AA - JFK to MXP then take a train to Venice....to italians (and my folks were born there) the train is a lovely way to go.

viguera likes this.
  4. Betty Boop

Betty Boop Gold Member

Status Points:
    And I did see direct JFK to MXP on May 18 (ok a little before your date but a Saturday).

viguera likes this.
  5. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also if the OP finds availability via BA to either VRN or BLQ which have quite frequent BA flights they have good train service to Venezia. EvenRome is now less than 3.5 hours away with the new high speed train (Italo).

Betty Boop likes this.