last minute trip to Bali -- the second time around. What to see/do this time?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by TheBeerHunter, Mar 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Hey all,

The Mr and I are off on a our second trip to Bali in 18 hours (not that I'm counting or anything :D) that we were able to book thanks to finding CX F availability at the last minute, which we did as a result of having our less-last-minute trip plans to Japan go pear-shaped due to recent events.

We literally booked this trip over the weekend and have done zero planning. We went to Bali back in 2009 and stayed in Jimbaran, Ubud, and went to Gilli T. This time we're going for 4 nights and staying in Jimbaran (at the Intercontinental) the whole time. Last trip, we went and saw the water temple, Uluwatu, Tanah Lot, etc. -- sort of all the "big" temples -- as well as did some exploration around Ubud checking out the temples up there.

We're laid back folks, mostly interested in culture and nature, not so much shopping or nightlife. What would you suggest we go see/do this time around? Our limitation is only that we likely would only want to do one or two day trips at most, we'll spend the rest of the time hanging out at our resort. Are day trips to the volcano a possibility? We wouldn't want to do the 2AM trek up the volcano to see sunrise, but we wouldn't be opposed to a good hike during daylight hours if it is worth it.

Any other last minute suggestions you can make for us?
  2. I would like to go to Bali Medewi beach soon. Me and my are desperate to see its white sand beaches, mountains and waterfall.

Attached Files:

savydog likes this.