Last Mileage Run of 2011 for AA EXP

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by garyst16, Nov 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

I am doing my final mileage run of the year (completed 3 LAX-DFW-LAX earlier this year for DEQMs) to Shanghai with a LAX-ORD-PVG-ORD-LAX. Purchased "N" fares and used EVIPS to Business. Departing LAX on November 19th at 11:20pm (overnight) arriving 5:30am @ ORD with a 5 hour layover. Plenty of time to use the showers at the Flagship Lounge, change clothes, have some breakfast, and walk around before my 14.5 hour flight to Shanghai. I arrive @ 3:00pm on the 21st and will be staying at the LRM on points/cash for 1 night and points for the other. I depart PVG at 6pm on the 23rd and arrive @ 5:30pm on the 23rd @ ORD with a 4 hour connection (clear Customs, shower/change/eat) and off to LAX arriving at 11:55pm same day. Total miles: 21094!! AA is running a promo for double DEQM for LAX-ORD. Total cost AI - $934 or 4.4cpm!

I have one additional business trip planned for this year that will put me over the 100K hurdle. Departing 11/28 LAX-LHR-BSL on BA (flying as AA), 2 nights in Freiburg, then BSL-FRA-AMS (LH) for 1 night, then AMS-FRA-FCO (LH) with 4 nights in Rome, then FCO-LHR-LAX (AA) on 12/6. Total AA DEQMs - 12, 200 + 25,000 bonus miles for Business class!