Last Day for MR to Virg Atlantic to Hilton transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by toddreg, May 15, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today is the last day to get the Amex MR 1.25 bump for points transfered to Virgin Atlantic which are then transferable at a ratio of 1:2 Hilton points. I just transfered 35000 MR points and both they and the 8750 bonus showed up instantly. Now for the VA to Hilton transfer.

The MR bonus offer ends today, 5/15!!!!

joesmoe and Jimgotkp like this.
  2. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh yea, you have to call VA to do the transfer to Hilton. I wasted 30 minutes online trying to figure out how!!!

joesmoe likes this.
  3. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    And another point, be careful of stranded points with VA. You can only transfer out in 5000 increments so plan carefully on the front end so as not to end up wasting points or stranding them in the VA account if you can't use them. I think there is a 10,000 point minimum as well, check VA site for this point.

kyunbit and joesmoe like this.
  4. toddreg
    Original Member

toddreg Silver Member

Status Points:
    Turned 36000 Amex MR points into 90000 Hilton points, all transfers completed in 3 days

5. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good info - I just transferred about 6k stray Starpoints to VA, and I was going to shoot them straight over to my Hilton account, but I'll have to wait until I get the BOA VA card to get that 10k minimum transfer.