LAS ticket kiosks tip

Discussion in 'Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (w/ AirTran)' started by wolfsatz, May 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. wolfsatz
    Original Member

wolfsatz Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are traveling without checked bags from Las Vegas on Southwest (or other airlines), here's a little tip for avoiding the potential crush of humanity at the Southwest ticketing counter self service kiosks:

There are several (6-8) multi-airline self service kiosks on the 2nd level between the C and D gates, where the little airport museum is located. I have NEVER seem them crowded...EVER! The easiest way to get to them is from the valet parking drop off area. Walk across the pedestrian bridge, past the smokers, and into the terminal. You'll be in the area between the entrances to the C and D gates and you should see several self service kiosks located on the C side of the airline museum.

Now, how do you get to the valet parking drop off if you aren't driving your own personal car? I don't know if a cabby would drop you off there if you told him your car was parked there but it's worth a shot. They might say airport regulations require they drop you off in the taxi area but I'd be surprised if they hedged if you said "My car is parked in valet, I don't want to walk all the way through the airport to get there"

If a private party is dropping you off just have them drive into the valet drop off area and tell the valet you took a wrong turn IF they ask (they stopped me once). If valet is full, just hop out of the vehicle at the top of the ramp and walk into the parking area.

2. Mrp Alert

Mrp Alert Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are banks of machines facing the entrance doors all along the walkway from WN to UA and beyond. They can also be found at the consolidated rental car facility. To get to the upstairs bank easily, request to be dropped off at Delta or USAirways. Walk upstairs and follow the signs to the old C Gates / First Class D gates security. Alternatively, enter the A/B security at the top of the stairs/escalator/elevator and use the airside walkway from B->C if necessary. Currently, many of the C gates are closed while the tarmac is being resurfaced; these flights are departing from the B gates.

3. goheerow

goheerow Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if it's permanent, but all of the kiosks at the rental car facility were out of service last week when I was there.

4. Mrp Alert

Mrp Alert Silver Member

Status Points:
    They might finally be laying down flooring again?