LANPASS availability for AA flights

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Henry, Jun 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Henry
    Original Member

Henry Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm having a lot of problems booking a LANPASS award for AA flights. BA.com and Qantas show wide open availability for DCA-JFK flights in either cabin. LAN shows one or less flights available per day on their website. Calling in did not help. Does LAN participate in Oneworld blocking?

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Not intentionally, that I am aware. Can you name the specific flights and perhaps I can try to puzzle it out? (Guessing your short-haul LAN redemption might be a transfer of SPG points? :) )

3. Henry
    Original Member

Henry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes SPG points were transferred after going to University.:cool: It took 30 days to go through!

8/18/11 DCA-JFK
    BA and QF show first class availability for AA3811(06:00), AA3837(14:40), AA3835(18:30)

8/22/11 JFK-DCA
    BA and QF show first class availability for AA3843(12:35), AA3845(16:55), AA3846(21:00)

LAN shows no availability in "Premium Business". I also tried the multi-city switch (compra to cobro_premio) for DCA-JFK-MIA on 8/18/11. AA3811 is the only flight from DCA-JFK that showed up. Even then, it was not bookable after clicking through.

In general, Washington-New York flights do not appear. Washington-Miami and New York-Miami flights almost always show up.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Oh -- you're using their website ? Have you tried calling?

5. Henry
    Original Member

Henry Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I was using lan.com. I tried calling once but the agent said there was no availability on 8/18 and only one morning flight on 8/17. I believed her at the time since the website showed nothing on 8/18. For all I know she could've been routing through Lima. I am wondering if I need to specify "Oneworld only award on AA" or something like that.