Langham 1865

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by lcpteck, Sep 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anybody have experiences/reviews on the above program?

Not much info posted by users throughout the web. The loyalty program does away with the norm ( point system) to earn membership tiers. Instead it uses stays as the factor. Unfortunately no free nights can be earned. But wonder how is their hotel experience...

Tenmoc and flyingdawg like this.
  2. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    I seriously like this program for the following reasons

• The hotels, at least the ones I have stayed in, are very nice
    • The card you recieve can be programmed as a room key which is kinda cool
    • The requalification thresholds are very low. I am a voyager member and I only need 2 stays per year to requalify
    • If you have 5 stays you recieve a suite upgrade certificate and in the past I have received these doing surveys and can be used for any stay up to 3 nights
    • I can get a 6 PM check out and free internet
    Of course there are a limited number of properties. In the US I have stayed at the Pasadena and Boston hotels and very much liked both. Melbourne has 1 property and this is my number 1 choice there. The lounge staff are amazing and 1 rembered me and our conversation from 9 months prior! In Hong Kong I always include at least 1 stay at the Langham Place and have had great service there. Closer to home for me there is a Langham in Auckland which is fairly decent but with a moderate only location. Status recognition is fairly decent

Mostly this is an Asian program noting the location of most of the properties. I'd say if the location of the properties suits, then purely for the ease of requalification it is worth trying to acheive some status

Jeff

3. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks Jeff, I'll try out their properties in HK and Shanghai probably next year onwards.

4. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get a free suite upgrade coupon every year for the survey. I unfortunately don't get to use it every year. Anyone want to trade?

And I agree that the hotel in Boston is very nice

5. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wonder if there are any Destiny members around to share their views.

Tenmoc likes this.
  6. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Boston hotel has a wonderful Sunday brunch. That was my main treat on a special birthday weekend trip.

Tenmoc likes this.
  7. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wife is staying at the one in HK located on MK for 6 nights for work. Any tips or suggestions to maximize her stay? Business trip. Work is in the same building which is a crazy maze.

TYIA.

Ray

Tenmoc likes this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Couple of weeks late, but she can get instant Voyager status with the ongoing Visa Infinite promo.

Singapore Flyer likes this.
  9. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I actually found it a day after I posted on another thread about the infinite visa. They already acknowledged her status change and noted it on her reservation.

Tenmoc, lcpteck, OY-JFS and 1 other person like this.
  10. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    Saw from tripadvisor that Langham Yangtze Shanghai was sold off by Langham Hotels and renamed to The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai as of March 2013.

It's no longer listed on Langham Hotels website as well.

Tenmoc likes this.