LAN SFO Schedule Changes - check your itineraries (if connecting)

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Bay Pisco Shark, Aug 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Since its inception, LAN's SFO/LIM service presented a very tight connection scenario for onward EZE/LIM and other onward South America connections. Since the service started, it has been an issue, and given the several hours of SFO ground time, I wondered why they waited so long to turn the aircraft.

Although the departure time varies by an hour depending on the season, the LIM arrival time was essentially the same. Now, my December trip has just changed earlier by 1:30. This is substantial, and probably represents the company being tired of paying for hotel rooms and meals. Anyone who might be connecting from another west coast city needs to verify no missed connections. (i.e., if you are on an AS award, they can wait ages prior to the first schedule change contact, and the online reservation is blocked from view even with a minor schedule change).

Another noticeable note is now this specific flight (on my day of travel) is scheduled for one of the reconfigured 18 seat J cabins (down from 30). My northbound has not been affected as of yet (and is almost full in J). I'm sure there will be more changes between now and then, but this is a "check your schedules" if you are flying SFO/LIM later this year or next.

The downside is now it means a real "commute hour" trip to SFO. The upside is now it means a high probability of at least a couple of pisco sours in the LIM Salon Vip.
    HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.