LAN Seat Question...

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Euan, Apr 3, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

We will be flying LAN from Madrid to Lima in a few weeks in Y on the 763 and I took a look at expertflyer to see the seat plan.

The layout on EF shows 3 rows in J but I am struggling to find a seat plan on seatguru, seatexpert, seatplans, etc which shows this layout and provides reviews on which seats in Y are best.

Is anyone familiar with LAN and this 763 layout able to offer some assistance or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,
    Euan

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is the LAN Boeing 767-300ER (763) from Seat Guru. Is there another configuration you are looking for?

[​IMG]

3. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    sobore, thanks for the reply. That's the seat plan I find on all the websites but this is the seat plan shown on ExpertFlyer which shows only 3 rows of Business.

mad-lim seat plan.jpg

4. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you check the seat map on LAN website?

5. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I looked for a seat plan but couldn't find one. On the reservation when I try to select seats it tells me "Cabin or flight does not allow seat reservation" but I can select seats for internal flights.

However, when I do the 360 degree tour of the 763 cabin it shows a 3 row J configuration so I can work out the cabin layout... just not convinced the reviews of the seats (on seat guru, etc) reflect the correct layout.

6. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, the seat maps I see for our MIA-SCL and SCL-IPC flights show 5 rows in C, just like seat maps on SeatGuru etc. There must be several configurations.

7. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Almost all LA flight numbers (3 digit) are 5 row J, most LP flight numbers (2xxx) are 3 row, with some limited exception. There is currently a 3 row LA flight # with 3 rows, but it is probably a wet-leased LP aircraft.

zpaul likes this.
  8. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for clarifying that. Do you know of any seat plans for this configuration with reviews of which seats are best in Y?

9. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fortunately, not ;)

Euan and legalalien like this.
  10. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying SCL IPC SCL in J for Memorial Day Nd wanted to see what seat was the best for the 763ER?

11. Euan
    Original Member

Euan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

12. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll tell you on May 10. :)

zpaul and Flyer1976 like this.
  13. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, we had old C seat on MIA-SCL and new C seat on SCL-IPC. Both were pretty good; the old one may even be a tad more comfortable to sleep.

The only seats I would avoid are rows 1 and 5 - too noisy - but the rest are about the same. The new layout staggers middle pastor of seats a bit, so no hand holding across the aisle. No hand holding if you are seating together either, due to a fairly high partition between seats. The old seats are better in that draft, but they start to show their age and controls and entertainment system are much improved in the new version.

We had rows 2 and 3, and both times I had to lean just a bit to look out of the window.

zpaul likes this.