LAN in J

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by rajuabju, Feb 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to be flying LAN later this year in J.

My itenerary is-

LAX to EZE
    AEP to MDZ
    MDZ to SCL
    SCL to LIM
    LIM to LAX

I'm flying into EZE in Buenos Aires, but departing from AEP. I know there's no lounge in MDZ.

But will I get Lounge access (OW) @ LAX?
    What about AEP (operated by AA)?

I assume I would get lounge access in both SCL and LIM since those are LAN's lounges

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    LAX has the Oneworld Business lounge which is pretty nice. A nice space, decent enough snacks. Marginal wine/bubbles.

AEP has no lounge.

SCL has a nice lounge -actually 2 LAN lounges - the Neruda lounge is the larger. (The Mistral is the other.) All the LAN inflight wines/bubbles are the lounge selections. Yum. Snacks are decent, but the lounge is quite busy at night.

LIM - a shared lounge - the SUMAQ lounge - not bad - ok snacks, and a full-service bar. Bartenders are variable. VERY crowded during the midnight bank.

zpaul likes this.
  3. rajuabju
    Original Member

rajuabju Gold Member

Status Points:
    Super, thanks. Very surprised AEP has no lounge, but I just changed on LAN's site and confirmed.

4. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Oneworld lounge site is always useful;. There are three in EZE, none LAN, as you know:
    http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/lounge-access/search#Lounges
    Depending on your OW status you might get in the Admirals Club or the IB lounge. If you've American Express Platinum or higher there's the Centurion Lounge also, used by BA
    BTW, I know nothing about EZE. I just looked up the information on the OW lounge site.

zpaul likes this.
  5. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    AEP does have a lounge for international flights, but it is not affiliated with an airline - it is a third-party club: http://www.aeropuertosvipclub.com.ar/eng/index.html#/servicios/

Unfortunately, there is no lounge for domestic flights.