LAN fares are currenty IMPOSSIBLE

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Gaucho, Mar 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    :mad: :mad:

I guess they are enjoying heavy loads... but the price delta between AA and LA out of EZE to the US are simply madness...... I can get from EZE to SFO or LAX on American for under $1500 but have to spend at least $2100 if I want to book and fly on LAN metal......

X$%&/%(()/)/))=(?=()$ ·$VXXZY&%%$&$$$$ !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    They have very good (lowest) published fares but likely those fare buckets are full. Also the Q (fuel surcharge) on LA is probably nastier than AA?

Gaucho likes this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably.... blame yield management as they probably only offer 2-3 seats in those lowest published fares..... :confused:

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Im of course pissed off because I want to try to fly as much as possible on LAN tickets and LAN metal to get the lousy but still better than nothing Premier bonus and what not.... but at these fare levels, Im stuck with having to fly AA.... grrrrr I pray to the Gods that I at least get the long haul in AA 777 metal and have a chance at having a decent entretainment service..... :rolleyes:

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    what are your approximate dates of travel? What kind of weather and traffic will you be ordering? Will you be using KTCS* again?

*Kiwi Tardy Car Services

Gaucho likes this.
  6. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I make it to SFO, I would love to use KTCS.... but I may rent a car. At this point, I still dont have a gig in SFO to justify me going there..... hope to still make something work next week. In the mean time, can you get these friggen LAN fares to drop for petes-sake (it that a cocktail?) :p

7. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    So confirmed.... due to schedule issues I will not to go the West Coast this trip.... ;(

Also, due to expensive fares, I will fly AA... just confirmed and purchased my AA stock ticket.... Q fare... I hope I can still get all the darned LANPass miles....