LAN Bonus Kms with credit cards - another rant

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by Gaucho, Jan 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK... so here is another LAN rant.... I have a couple of credit card accounts (BBVA issued here in Argentina) that give me LANPass Kilometers for my purchases. The issue is that LAN insists on posting the bonus Kms of both my Visa and MasterCard accounts in one bulk sum... only the bonus miles (when relevant) are posted separatetly for the Visa and MC. This means I cant audit and check if my miles were posted correctly.... this is further complicated by the fact that last month I received a targeted promo offering 4000 bonus Kilometers for adding auto-pay of certain services to my BBVA Visa Account..... because of the sloppy accounting that the LAN IT geniuses have on their POS website, I have no way of knowing what posted for what on each account...... :mad:

sigh..... :rolleyes:

zpaul likes this.
  2. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    The same happens with Santander here. And, because so so many restrictions on what kind of purchases qualify for miles, it's practically impossible to reconcile with my monthly charges. Ranting with you!

3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about a cross border class action.....????

zpaul likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ive just written a 2 page complaint letter to BBVA here in Buenos Aires, as I still cannot properly reconcile the mileage accruals on both my Visa and MC LANPass affiliated plastics. According to my calculations, Im owed 4000 bonus kilometers for a few auto-debit services I signed up for in December, plus the last couple of statements Ive not been credited the 20% Visa Platinum bonus on top of eligible purchases that I is supposed to still be ongoing.

Lets see if before Xmas I can get this taken care of... somehow I think that LAN and BBVA share the same speed in customer "responsiveness" (is that a word?)....

:confused: