Laminated Priority Pink Gate Check Tags

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by BamaGirl, Apr 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yesterday at LAX. CRJ900 flight to LAS. I and a few others (4 or 5) were called individually to the podium and handed laminated 'Priority' pink gate check tags with stretchy clear plastic loops (rather than the standard string) to attach them to the bag. They do have a scanner code. Not given a claim check stub. so I presume there is some identifying information imbedded. Going to download a reader app to see. The GA did not give any further information. Given the low number of tags given out, I presume it was DMs only. I have another CRJ900 ex-MSP on Thursday, so I will ask when I get to the airport.

The bags did appear first in the jetway after the flight-but, whether that will be the norm-who knows. But, it would be nice if it does.

gregm and Newscience like this.
  2. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try the "Track My Bags" section of the Delta app. You can scan a barcode from there!!

3. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only gate check bags on CRJs, so I've never bothered to try the track my bags. This is not a bar code--but a QR code. Since I presume this is test trial, I wonder if it tracks that.

gregm likes this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, QR code, not barcode. Hmmmm....

5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    They just updated the app so you no longer need to scan your tag #. I wonder if that is related?

gregm likes this.
  6. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice improvement. I just updated. You can still scan if you want, but I like the 'recent' feature, just like flight status.

WilliamQ likes this.