Lack of Promotions

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by T5campbell, Jul 20, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. T5campbell

T5campbell Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it just me or is their a lack of promo's that Marriott has offered this year? I miss the promo of extra points for scheduling meetings at Marriott Properties. I know that Marriott and United have teamed up, but being platinum premier, and 1K with United it really does nothing for us high tiered travelers.

Sweet Willie and AaronInBKK like this.
  2. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    They're still offering their quasi-quarterly Bonuses (currently the unexpected Bonus, formerly Mega-Bonus, etc.). That has always seemed the main promotion in the last few years.

According to the Marriott website, there are currently 131 on-going promotional offers, most tied to specific properties.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    times are good for most hotel chains, so why promote heavily? Hotel loyalty programs seem to know (or believe) most savvy point travelers may complain, but they generally don't go anywhere and savvy point travelers such as us on MP are a small % of their overall loyalty program.

Will the lack of promo's truly make you switch to another chain? (you may contemplate but will you actually pull the trigger)

4. T5campbell

T5campbell Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just spent three days at the Westin Resort in Hollywood, FL instead of the Marriott I have stayed at 3 times this past year. I have already booked hotel rooms at Westin's and Sheraton's in Chicago and Dallas for the remainder of the month. I also booked a regional meeting at the Hyatt in San Antonio for August with 20 rooms instead of the Marriott in dowtown San Antonio. These guys are offering me all kinds of things to switch loyalty which I am in the process of doing.

As much as I travel yearly I will support those who support me.

5. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    That still exists. Thread on FT in the Marriott forum.

6. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Last summer there were also some other promos, tied into Fairfield Inns, CYs etc, in addition to the MegaBonus. Those were targeted though, so not sure if they're in existence this year. If they are, I've not been targeted.

Cheers.

7. Mooper
    Original Member

Mooper Silver Member

Status Points:

The Megabonuses, especially the current one that amounts to stay-two-cheap-nights-get-a-more-expensive-one-free, are quite nice compared to other chains. No complaints here. I'm surprised they don't tone them back, given the robust demand for rooms at the moment.