LA to Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by dfrost01, Apr 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. dfrost01

dfrost01 New Member

Status Points:
    I am flying UA to MELBOURNE to BRISBANE. I have a 90 minute connection time in Melbourne. Do I clear customs in Melbourne or do I and my luggage clear in Brisbane?

2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're connecting in Brisbane and your final is Melbourne? UA all the way?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You clear in Melbourne IIRC. You also will be switching to a different carrier there as UA doesn't fly to BNE.

The routing you've chosen has 20%+ more miles flown than the non-stop. I hope it is worthwhile to you.

MX likes this.
  4. Sorry to steal this thread but what airline do people fly

5. Most likely Qantas, Jetstar (terrible airline) Virgin (terrible domestic) the club lounge was well very bad

6. dfrost01

dfrost01 New Member

Status Points:
    No, I am connecting in Melbourne. My final destination is in Brisbane. I fly Quantas Melbourne to Brisbane

7. dfrost01

dfrost01 New Member

Status Points:
    I am actually originating in Newark. So I go Newark-LA-Melbourne-Brisbane. I booked the whole trip with United. Qantas is a partner.

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only slightly so. Qantas and United have an interline agreement which allows for bags to be checked through and tickets to be jointly issued. But you'll not earn UA frequent flyer credit for the QF segments on the trip nor will you receive any frequent flyer benefits if you have elite status.

Welcome to MilePoint!

9. MX likes this.
  10. Why are you flying to Brisbane in first place, I live there nice city but not the most amazing place to see.

11. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since your flight MEL-BBN is a domestic segment operated by a domestic carrier, you will need to clear customs prior to leaving MEL as WanderingAramean stated.