LA/LP/XL/4M Reconfig from 5 J Rows to 3

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by zpaul, Oct 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

As there is a lot of chatter about the reconfiguration of LAN and it's associated airlines' 767 and A340 J class from five rows in J to three (tristeza), I thought it would be interesting to track the progress, if any. Anecdotal evidence says that all LP and XL 767s have been reconfigured. Why not track flights and the J class config here? This isn't a DYKWIA thread to say that you flew in J (unless you really want to say so) - it's just something that we can all notice when boarding regardless of cabin.

Also, my understanding is that there is a lot of wet leasing that goes on between LA-LP-XL, though not 4M. If that's the case, I think we should see some LA flights with 3 rows soon, not just LP and XL.

I'll start:
    16 SEP 2011 LA445 SCL-EZE 5 rows
    30 SEP 2011 LA445 SCL-EZE 5 rows
    07 SEP 2011 LA530 SCL-LIM 5 rows
    10 SEP 2011 LA637 LIM-SCL 5 rows

Gaucho likes this.
  2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    3 of my 5 Dec/Jan flights are showing 3 rows. The LP flights SFO/LIM EZE/LIM LIM/SFO. The other two (LA) LIM/SCL and SCL/EZE are showing 5.

3 of my 4 May aircraft (all LP) SFO/LIM/EZE/LIM/SFO are showing 3. I'm expecting a cluster*&%! of sorts in Jan on the LIM/SFO as it was already full in J before reducing the cabin size (after eliminating the flight the prior day). I'm still showing my original seats (so far).

zpaul and Gaucho like this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not good news..... :(

zpaul likes this.
  4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    No. LAN is not encouraging LANPass.

5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, all the 767 metal I took recently had the full sized J cabin,....

zpaul likes this.
  6. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here's some interesting news: last night I stopped by the business check-in room and started chatting with a couple of agents there. They were generally unaware of the current status of the reconfigs but said they were very sure that LA will not be making these same changes, just LP and XL. The somewhat shorter-haul flights out of LIM and UIO (is that the big airport in Ecuador? Never been...) have more demand for economy, but the flights out of SCL and EZE will most likely keep the five-row J cabin.

The 767 flights that operate from SCL via LIM will keep the five-row cabin (LA600/601) as it is a LA flight, but other connections operated by LP will most likely have three rows.

Bay Pisco Shark likes this.
  7. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    One of my LP segments for January just went from back to a 5 row from a 3 row. All other LP segments I have booked (Dec, Jan, May) are all 3 row, except one other segment. My LA segments remain 5 rows. I'd imagine that LP only have a couple, max, of 5 row J remaining.

Gaucho and zpaul like this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Time for you to dump LAN and go from the Bay Area to LHR and then down to EZE using a proper airline like BA.... do this a couple of times and you should be Gold+++ in no time...

zpaul likes this.
  9. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I can't earn EQMs on AS with BA. So THERE! And, just the fuel surcharges and luxury taxes via LHR will cost more than my LA tix altogether.

zpaul likes this.