L2O Restaurant in Chicago

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by AJTrenkle, Nov 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. AJTrenkle

AJTrenkle Active Member

Status Points:
    I am heading there tonight for a special anniversary meal with my wife. I have never been before and I am not used to quite this fine of dining. I know it is last minute, but has anyone been here? If so, do you have any advice?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    how was the dinner? (& happy anniversary btw, my wife & I have often celebrated by going for a high end meal)

I'm very curious as we went to L2O a couple years ago. There was some drama as the head chef had just left. Our meal had a couple highlights but most were just ok, especially considering the money we shelled out, probably the most expensive meal I've had and in our group's opinion, not worth it. A recent dine at Alinea has restored my faith in high end dining.

3. AJTrenkle

AJTrenkle Active Member

Status Points:
    It was pretty good actually, the drinks were really fantastic to start with and of course so was the food. I guess what you pay for is the uniqueness of the flavors, we had things I really can't even explain but which were delicious. We both had lobster as our main course and it was cooked perfectly. I actually quite loved this coffee flavored dessert (hard to describe it but it was kind of like flan or something).

By far the most expensive meal I have ever had too; but at the end of the day it was unique, with new flavors I've never tasted before and "worth" it all things considered.

Sweet Willie likes this.