KVS Tool Advantages

Discussion in 'KVS' started by KVS Tool, Feb 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    Some of the advantages of the KVS Tool include:
    • Incomparably wider Award Availability coverage in all 3 global alliances (see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes):
      • Available exclusively via KVS Tool (Awards):
        *A: LH/SQ/CO/US/NH/OZ/TG/OS/SK/TP/JK/SA/MS/JP/OU/KF
        *O: BA/CX/JL/IB/LA/RJ/MA/S7/MX/4M/KA
        *S: DL/KL/AM/KQ/VN
        **: DE/FJ/TL/FQ/OT

• Available exclusively via KVS Tool (Upgrades):
        *A: LH/SQ/CO/US/NH/OZ/TG/OS/SK/TP/JK/SA/MS/JP/OU/KF
        *O: BA
        *S: KL/KQ

• Also available via KVS Tool (Awards):
        *A: AC/UA/LX/NZ/TK/BD/LO/SN/A3/JJ/CA
        *O: QF/AA/AY
        *S: AF/SU/AZ/OK/RO/CZ/UX
        **: AS/MH/UN/FM/LY/EI/AR/G3/EK/IT/TN/HA/F9/MP/VG/EC

• Also available via KVS Tool (Upgrades):
        *A: AC/UA/LX/NZ/CA/BD/SN/A3
        *S: AF/SU/OK/CZ/KE/UX
        **: AS/FM/LY/TN/HA

• Multiple user-selectable GDS & Point-of-Sale (POS) options for more relevant/accurate Availability and Fare data.

• 'Always-on' approach: No need to log-in (except for once every 6/12 months when renewing membership); users are never 'logged-out'.

• Keyboard shortcuts, which enable mouse-free interaction and can really speed things up.

• PNR Manager

• Reference Information Lookup:
        • Maximum Permitted Mileage [MPM]
        • Minimum Connection Time [MCT]
      • Flight Operational Info (With Airline Comments)

• Visa/Immigration/Customs Information (TIMATIC)

Travelman and cockpitvisit like this.
  2. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    Glad you're enjoying the KVS Tool!

Indeed, other members, who are familiar with both products, would be in the best position to answer this question:

Travelman likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ironic that the member testimonial you quote is the same person that you've chosen to alter the video footage of the interview he gives claiming that both KVS and EF are very useful as part of your promotional materials.

Just another sketchy business practice...

ACMM and ExpertFlyer Voice like this.
  4. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    Actually, the only part of gleff's video interview, which has not been included in the excerpt, is the fragment, where he discusses "the most lucrative" frequent flyer programmes (which has no direct relevance to the topic at hand).

5. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    Much more then that was edited out, here is the full CNN video: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/international/2010/01/13/biz.trav.miles.money.bk.b.cnn.html
    ExpertFlyer is mentioned at the 2:08 mark

This is the video on the KVS website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mDA5LmnKt8 that has that part edited out, among others.

IMH and ACMM like this.
  6. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    The section, starting at that time mark, is narrated by a female voice and was not a part of gleff's interview, so the original statement is correct.

Terry Quinn likes this.
  7. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    As Wandering Aramean mentioned, the video was altered to remove the mention of ExpertFlyer. Who narrated isn't the point.

IMH and ACMM like this.
  8. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Folks I thought we were supposed to be friendly here? I just looked at both clips, the first time I have ever seen them. My thoughts are

a) There is nothing wrong with condensing the video to what the promoter thinks are relevant points, and leaving out the piece about the competition. Come on this is standard business practice. Do you see movie adverts with quotes about the movie and the other five movies that are being released the same week??

b) The guy Richard seems to live up very much to his short name. Dick.

c) A sad reminder of the US Airways deal that I missed out on. Would have easily plowed $7k for 1m miles!

KVS Tool likes this.
  9. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    That being said, I really have no idea what the purpose of the thread is other than some self promotion, which does not seem such standard practice, given it's not a paid-for forum for advertising.

Xyzzy likes this.
  10. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    Well said!

The original purpose of this thread was to answer specific questions, posed by cockpitvisit & chitownflyer respectively and we would like to keep it on-topic.

11. ma91pmh
    Original Member

ma91pmh Silver Member

Status Points:
    My bad.I assume the question was asked in another thread.

12. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    Both questions were, indeed, asked in another thread, but the KVS Tool forum is currently being organized with separate threads for dealing with specific topics, so that it will be easier for everyone to find what they are looking for.

13. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I generally agree, though in this particular case I'm not so sure. A condensed video highlighting the important parts of one product is rather different than taking a 2+ minute clip and deleting the reference to the competition with no evidence that such an edit happened. Oh, and I'm not sure that CNN would consider the use in this manner covered by fair use and acceptable, particularly with the edits.

Judge for yourself...here are the two videos:
    http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/international/2010/01/13/biz.trav.miles.money.bk.b.cnn (~2:10 in this one)
    http://www.kvstool.com/Media-Coverage.php (~1:18 in this one)

antirealist likes this.
  14. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not copyright lawyer and I do not know enough about circumstances under which the video was put on KVS website. Perhaps KVS has agreement with CNN? But from what I know, i.e. only source acknowledgement and indication that it was edited (excerpt), title of the video being "KVS Tool On CNN... - by KVSTools", on KVS site, it could be clearly in breach of copyright laws in Australia. If anything else, the video is not "by KVSTools", it is "edited by KVSTools".

15. I'm personally getting a little concerned about your critiques that seem to always try and pin something on KVS using ,in my opinion nefarious comments. I sense an ulterior motive. Tell me if I'm wrong and why.

16. IMH
    Original Member

IMH Silver Member

Status Points:
    But they can be (and I have been) locked out if the KVS server is down when the program tries to phone home and verify the user's subscription -- which is something it does far more often than necessary.

It hasn't happened to me often, but when it does it's a royal pain.

17. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have no ulterior motive. I just hate to see people duped and mislead in terms of what they are buying and believe that being informed is much more helpful than being lied to. I believe that people deserve to know some of the shady business practices that are associated with the tool and to understand what they are supporting with their continued "contributions" to KVS.

If my comments seem nefarious or negative it is only because I see the business practices of KVS as even worse.

18. Chic Silber
    Original Member

Chic Silber Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is KVS the same as the old "Availability" that had worked so well

until it didn't some many months ago

I recall it to be a very handy site to check on seating

Is it now a pay for site as well

19. Chic Silber
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Hi Seth

Maybe I'm remembering wrong about KVS

Is your travel site in competition with it or with Availability

20. I continue to believe you have an ulterior motive here as:
    A. you don't disclose whether or not you are in the IT Travel business.
    B. whether you are a potential competitor
    C. The fact he has answered each and every question but you persist in asking things which I think would disclose the business model that is none of your business and is his own propietary IP.
    D. you have yet to prove he is dishonest; in fact my suspicions are on your intent.

Chic Silber likes this.
  21. Chic Silber
    Original Member

Status Points:

Since this entire website seems so commercialy based with all the

very time consuming display ads I am not surprised that all these

many posters have their own value driven links at their bottom lines

It seems that there are NO restictions on what these folks can sell

Starting this thread from material brought from some other source

was very convenient for the O/P to sell his wares

22. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd just like to know if there's a way for a layman like me to find good fares. KVS, ITA, Expert Flyer are too technical. The dog and it's ST are too wrong or behind.

Travelman likes this.
  23. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    No, I am not. I am in the travel business and I am in the IT business but I do not sell travel-related tools of any sort. I have many that I give away for free, but I do not charge for any of them.
    Do you define giving away for free some of the things KVS charges for as being a competitor?
    No, he has not answered all of my questions. More to the point, I know that they have not all been answered honestly.
    Actually, I can cite at least one example where I know that the answer was dishonest and I can prove it. KVS has claimed that all the data displayed in his "web browser" is single-source and not processed or amalgamated from other sources. The problem with that claim is that the Fares/PSH method uses a Russian site that displays prices in Rubles. KVS isn't displaying the Rubles price; it displays in dollars or whatever other options there are. This sort of behavior brings it much closer to screen scraping and processing than simply being a "user agent" that is displaying a different view of the data the website publishes. The Fares/TVN source with the Canadian POS is similarly converting Canadian dollars to US dollars.

My "ulterior motive" is to make sure that existing and potential customers know what they are actually buying and where the data comes from. In one of the other threads here someone believed that KVS was charging for the tool because the underlying data has a cost to acquire to be displayed. That is not at all true, though KVS will not directly state that so as to maintain their perception as being a service that gets you things you'd be paying for anyways.
    Try Kayak Buzz. That might be just what you're looking for.

Travelman and IMH like this.
  24. More fluff!!!!

KVS Tool likes this.
  25. KVS Tool

Status Points:
    This matter has already been addressed multiple times in the other thread, so there is no point in cross-posting it:
    Indeed.