KVS retaliating for my critique?

Discussion in 'KVS' started by vbroucek, Sep 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am due for renewal of my KVS Diamond subscription in October. So I have paid new 12 months subscription on 17 September. However, I have not received new codes in 7 days, so on 25 September, I have written to KVS requesting the codes within 24 hours, warning that otherwise I would dispute the charge with my CC provider. KVS immediately issued refund and virtually denied me further access to KVS Tool. What a strange business practice…

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are not the first person for whom this sort of issue has cropped up.

3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you referring to (a) the inability to get the code (b) the quick refund an apparent denial of further access or (c) both? Just curious...

Chimpy likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    The effective blacklisting from further use of the tool.

Others who have voiced displeasure with changes (mostly in the fee structure) were given one-time discounts and then further marginalized when they continued to suggest that the changes were ludicrous based on the reasons cited by KVS. Apparently a one-time discount to "buy" silence is considered appropriate behavior. Ditto for not permitting renewal if such silence doesn't last.

druiddation likes this.
  5. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    YGM!

6. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    For all to beware (part of the YGM):
    LMAO!!!

7. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Protect the interests of other members"? What does that even mean?

Though I have to say that I don't really approve of copying a message that was obviously intended for private use (since KVS Tool said "YGM" and didn't display the message here publicly in the first place).

8. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I was not worth of sending me that e-mail before I posted here, so I find it fair to tell others what they can expect from KVS if they ever dare criticising at all...

BTW, I still do not know what did play the role...

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    When such "YGM" comments are used in public to make it appear that the wronged party is being made whole it is quite reasonable for said party to disclose that such was not the case IMO.

10. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems that I will have to learn ANA Tool and EF will get another customer :).

11. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    In this case I'd make an exception. "YGM" in a public thread is a message to all that "we're here and being responsive". Like Wandering Aramean said, if that's not the actual content of the private message it's perfectly reasonable and appropriate to make the content public.

Certainly the sort of thing that makes you think twice before doing business with them.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  12. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    It means that one's actions had a damaging effect on the user experience of many other members.

Indeed, permission should have been requested before posting the content of private correspondence. However, given the fact that the use of a "YGM" was simply to protect the privacy of the member in question, such permission would have certainly been granted.

Traveller likes this.
  13. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    After further talking with KVS owner(s), this issue has been resolved to my full satisfaction. I am happy with the agreement that KVS and I have reached.

14. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    And what is that agreement?

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  15. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a strictly confidential agreement between KVS and I with not strings attached on either side of the deal. There are no bribes involved from KVS nor any concessions from me. I am not going to elaborate on this in more detail, so please do not ask.

16. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Status Points:
    So you cry and complain, again, and again. And then reach some settlement, which you won't discuss.

Is there any reason, whatsoever, that anyone should respond to a post of yours where you are having problems?

17. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why should I discuss it? As I said, it is agreement between me and KVS that I am comfortable with and that's it. Nothing to discuss here or anywhere else.
    What's your problem with me?

18. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Status Points:
    When someone posts many messages, AT GREAT LENGTH, and then says, "problem solved, but I'm not going to tell you", it is against the sharing concept that is the heart of online forums.

19. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been member of many on-line forums for many years, but this is first time I hear about such a rule. If my problem was a general problem being faced by many people, I would understand that, but I believe that my problem was rather unique and although I have vented my frustration with it here, I do not think anyone else would benefit from me sharing confidential agreement between me and KVS.
    To be clear, let me reiterate. The agreement does not put any limitations on my ability to criticise KVS if and when it would be appropriate and KVS did not bribe me in any way. We have just cleared few issues between each other and reached consensus on ways ahead.

20. KVS has a very good service and it should be left at that. I have had zero problems with him or his service.