Kudos to the Sea-Tac Fairfield Inn

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by MSYgirl, Nov 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I arrived weary and very late flying into Seattle, and I expected to sleep through my alarm. I scheduled a wake-up call, something I rarely do, to ensure I would have time to eat breakfast and reach my meeting on time. The call never came, and sure enough I slept through breakfast and was late for my meeting (I have a bad habit of snoozing my alarms, and sure enough I did).

I mentioned it to the front desk but went on about my day and ended at the airport to fly home. I expected that was the end of it. After the trip I received an email from the hotel manager apologizing for the error and offering a concession for my trouble. I certainly never asked for anything, but it was nice that he was willing to make up for the snafu.

Going out of someone's way to improve the customer experience is something we all here can appreciate and which happens infrequently, so it's worth saying thanks when it does.

Thank you.

stedger2 likes this.
  2. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why don't you nominate the manager for 'Spirit to Serve' award at Marriott insiders? Also you could write to compliment the extra mile he has taken @marriott.com

Good services have to be promoted - and IMO the best way is to let the HQ knows.

MSYgirl likes this.
  3. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't know about this option. How do I go about getting it done? I get the AA certs for flights to recognize their staff but never received anything from Marriott.

4. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is a nomination for the staff to get the award. You won't be getting anything for doing this, but it's a great way to show your appreciation.

MSYgirl likes this.
  5. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was able to find the appropriate form to send a compliment and did so today. Thank you for the suggestions.