Kudos for ITA Software for flight searches

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by letsgetawaybaby22, Mar 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. letsgetawaybaby22

letsgetawaybaby22 New Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum. I'm constantly traveling and love reading and sharing tips tricks, and experiences! For as much money as I've spent in the last two years on traveling i'm always looking for new ways to save time and money on business and first class flights.

ITA Software is a must!!! Especially if you fly business or first class! I read online they were recently bought by google, with that said its a great search engine and I have a hunch google might come out with a website were you could book flights too, ITA is simply a search engine, you cannot actually book flights but you can find prices that are no where else online! My travel agent that ive worked with for years told me about this years ago it's a secret travel agents use to find different flights you can't find anywhere else . you can see all the prices and routing for all airlines that fly your specific itinerary. In my experience it's also very very accurate- unlike kayak and other sites that give you a fares that are actually not available, don't u hate it when you click book... And THE PRICE GOES UP!! It's great, check it out, search your flight, and i'm sure you'll be amazed at how many airlines fly to your destinations and how many different routings their are! Great search engine! I actually just now discovered they have an iphone App, no comments on the app yet- I just installed it!! :)

Hope you guys find this useful!

http://matrix2.itasoftware.com/

TheBeerHunter, alohastephen and deant like this.
  2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:

Welcome to milepoint, letsgetawaybaby22!

I agree with you -- ITA's matrix is very handy, I especially find it useful when searching for mileage runs.

Let us know what you think about the app, I wasn't aware they had one.

3. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    ITA Matrix is an awesome tool! I've been using it for a while but thanks for pointing that out to others who might have been in the dark about it.

If you want to learn how to use it, Scott at Hackmytrip.com does an awesome job going from the very basics to much more advanced stuff in a three post series.

Here's the link to the first post:

http://hackmytrip.com/2012/01/09/introduction-to-using-ita/

4. Valentine

Valentine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Welcome!

I think this varies between airlines. Most recently, I've experienced considerable pain booking LX flights because their fares on ITA were incredibly outdated. I was much better off looking them up on the airline website instead.