KrisFlyer points about to expire but not enough for an award ticket

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by petrapenang, Feb 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. petrapenang

petrapenang Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recently we needed to fly from Singapore to Penang and I was wondering how to fly SIA at lower price or transfer MR poitns to book 3 award tickets. Our kids' account have a few thousand points about to expire but don't have enough for awards tickets and I realized we can book tickets in SIA using cash+points while on their website. However, when attempting to book 3 tickets together, the system only uses/takes points from a single account and it was not possible to book a kid's ticket separately (online) as there's a minimum age requirement. Then I realized I can book the kids' tickets as "adults" and could use cash+points. To be sure that I don't get in trouble, I called SIA support and they tried to assist (booking the kids' tickets as kids using their points) but at the end saying "Go ahead and book them as adults" as they were unsuccessfull. Sure enough, SIA was fine with booking their tickets as adults and we were able to used up almost all the SIA points in each account that were about to expire for cash+points tickets. Each ticket ended up about USD109 less for roundtrip.

SQuealer likes this.