KrisFlyer Lounge in Singapore

Discussion in 'SIN | Singapore Changi Airport' started by kziel, Nov 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I have been to Singapore a few times, and while neither have been conventional trips, I was there for long enough to have a hotel room to stay in. This time I will be there from 12:20a-7:20a, so I figure this gives me six hours to kill. I am star gold, so I have access to the lounge. I'm not sure exactly how it will all work out, as I will not have my SIN-NRT ticket yet and checkin isn't open until 3:35a, so I won't be able to clear immigration and customs headed back into the secure area. So I'm thinking land, go to lounge until around 3 and then leave the secured area, take some pictures of the gorgeous T3, and then checkin and come back to the lounge until my flight. Is this my best bet or do you think there is a better way to go about this?
    Sorry if this post is all over the place, and I'm not even sure if the lounge is KrisFlyer Lounge right now, I'm fairly tired and on iPhone.

2. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know if the lounge dragon will let you in without an onward BP, it won't hurt to try though.

I had done this, albeit not in SIN, where I didn't have an onward BP and only had the e-ticket print out (SQ desk at the transfer counter hadn't opened yet) and the lounge dragon let me in.

What class will you travel in? F and J pax have access to Silver Kris lounge whereas the lounge for *G pax flying Y is called Krisflyer Gold lounge.

miles and smiles and lwkatya like this.
  3. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could theoretically get the next portion ticketed, but with a 50 minute layover in NRT, I don't think I will have a chance. Perhaps I can get it printed at SEA. Another thought, at least at RCCs, you need a same day international ticket, and since I will be getting in at 12:20am, technically it's a same day ticket, but I don't know if they will see it that way. And I will (unfortunately) be in Y the whole way.

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    If all on one ticket then you should get your SIN-NRT boarding pass at the same time as you check in for your flight to SIN.

If on separate tickets and no checked bags then try transit desk on arrival (not sure how long SQ desk remains open at night), or go to lounge and show your ticket to get entry to the lounge.

The only reason you'd have to clear immigration is if you have bags checked through to SIN only. Even then, some people let them sit in baggage claim overnight while remaining airside (in more comfort).

5. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a 2 have a half hour layover in Seattle, but only a 50 minute layover at NRT. Based on past experience I won't have a problem making the connecting flight, but I'm not so sure about my bag. For that reason I'm thinking I may carry it on to make sure it won't miss my flight. If i dont get it when checkig in that the start lfthe trip, I think at SEA when I go to the RCC I will ask them to print out my boarding pass for SIN-NRT.
    And by the way, does anyone happen to know what type of plugs they have at the airport? I seem to recall basically everywhere having universal plugs, but I'm not positive.

6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never pay attention to what plug they have at the airport, but Singapore uses the 3 flat blades UK type plug. There's a high chance that the lounge would have the universal plugs though.

lwkatya likes this.
  7. sonoma

sonoma Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can confirm both the SKL and Gold lounges in T3 have the universal plugs but I am not sure of the contract lounge that UA uses.

8. kziel

kziel Silver Member

Status Points:
    They ended up having British/S'pore plugs in both the Gold and SATS Lounge (at least the ones I found), but I picked up an adapter at the airport for a few bucks and it all worked out.