Korean Air Miles

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Asia/Australia' started by IberianNomad, Oct 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi folks,

Sort of a newbie question but I know the experts will point me in the right direction.

I currently have approximately 20K miles on KA and have no idea what to do with them. I'm assuming I could use them on a domestic flight in the US with a partner but the KA website is a nightmare to deal with. Has anyone dealt with KA to purchase a domestic flight in the US? Or any other suggestions as to what to do with these miles?

Keep in mind I am moving to South East Asia for a few years in 2015.

Thank you,

M

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mean KE, right? Not Dragonair.

Do you have any Chase UR points? If you're thinking of a SkyTeam redemption...you can transfer from Chase to KE to top up the balance if you need more than 20k for the award you'd like.

I've booked with KE twice (on Chase transfers). I found their US call center to be very helpful. Language was a bit of a challenge...but we sorted it all out. It was helpful to know the exact flights I wanted and that there was availability before I called.

KE has a very good F product...and amongst the best F TPAC availability. Perhaps splurge for an F award when you relocate?

3. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct. KE.

I have close to 140,000 UR points so that might be a good option. I don't think the miles are set to expire any time soon so I'm in no rush.

Work will pay for relocation so probably won't use it this go around.

Thank you!

M

Thomask likes this.