Korean Air Codeshare?!?!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by yaychemistry, Oct 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. yaychemistry

yaychemistry Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm posting from my windows phone 7, so I'll keep this short and post details in the a.m. But I wanted input as my 24hr window to change my booking in counting down.

I just booked a *A award on co.com to BKK. The return in march is on BKK to ICN on TG, then ICN to JFK. Both in C. I booked this one in particular because because the TG segment (TG658) was listed as a 777-300ER and I was hoping that this was going to be one of the new leased jet airways planes that I had heard good things about.
    Here's the weird thing... My ticketing confirmation email lists the BKK ICN leg as KE658, with a footnote that the flight is operated by Korean Airways.

My gut tells me that this isn't possible and that its just a glitch due to the jet airways lease. However I'm worried that this will somehow mess up the ticketing. Any advice?
    Thanks.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Probably just a snafu in the operating code mappings on the CO systems for the reservation; there have been a number of examples where the display was wrong as things have been shuffled in the integration efforts but the real reservation information has been accurate.

Both KE 658 and TG 658 operate on that route but at different times of day and only the TG one is a 773:

Export from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools
    Code:
    Flight Timetable -- BKK-ICN for date: 20120315 at 00:00 on All Airlines
    Carrier|Flight|From |To   |Dep. Time|Arr. Time|Schedule|Equipment|Duration|Exceptions|
    KE     |658   |BKK  |ICN  |15:35    |22:55    |1234567 |73H      |5:20    |          |
    TG     |658   |BKK  |ICN  |23:00    |06:25+1  |------- |773      |5:25    |          |
    OZ/TG  |6762  |BKK  |ICN  |23:00    |06:25+1  |1234567 |773      |5:25    |          |