Korean Air’s First US Boeing 747-8 Destination Will Be San Francisco

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 26, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    While I'm an airline and aircraft cabin enthusiast, I'm also an airplane enthusiast. Which means I'm excited to see different types of planes for a variety of reasons. The 747 has long been one of my favorite planes in the world, though the Boeing 747-400 is quickly being retired across the world, as it's a bit of a gas guzzler and thanks to improvements in technology, there are much smaller and more fuel efficient long range aircraft. The 747 received a bit of extra life when the Boeing 747-8 was announced, which is a stretched version of the plane. The catch is that sales have been a bit of a flop, at least when it comes to the passenger version of the plane (it has done quite well selling as a cargo aircraft). The only airlines which have taken delivery of the 747-8 are Lufthansa, Korean Air, and Air China. Korean Air will begin flying the 747-8 to Frankfurt as of early September, which will be the airline's first 747-8 route. And now Korean Air has announced their first US destination for the 747-8. The post Korean Air’s First US Boeing 747-8 Destination Will Be San Francisco appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...