Komen Halts Funding to Planned Parenthood

Discussion in 'Susan G. Komen Foundation | Fly For Pink' started by noneemac, Feb 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. noneemac

noneemac Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    They backed off, but they've already damaged their brand name, and their reversal contradicted their earlier statements (they initially said it wasn't political, now they say they won't take actions based on politics)

If they hedge or play word games in the future it will really tarnish them even further.

3. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gargoyle likes this.
  4. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dreamworks likes this.
  5. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    We too had supported the Komen foundation and I absolutely supported their decision to not support Planned Parenthood.

Now that Komen is back supporting Planned Parenthood, I will no longer support Komen. Need to find another charity that is supporting the fight against breast cancer.

dogwalker likes this.
  6. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Different strokes for different folks. I applaud Komen's decision but even when it was the other way never forgot the good it did. There are other choices out there, however, and I hope you will make your dollars available to fight breast cancer.

Here is a link to a list of charities for you to consider -- http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=497.

Many of those are higher rated (overall score not stars) than Komen and serve similar purposes. I may pick one of the others to replace komen because of multiple lapses of common sense such as scheduling the Run for the Cure on Yom Kippur. It is good to have choices.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  7. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thank you for the link. My wife and I will definitely keep donating to organizations that fight breast cancer.

8. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Me too.