Kobe Bay Sheraton Hotel and Towers

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by sendaiben, Oct 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a two-night stay here in late October 2013 on business.

The hotel is located on Rokko Island, just off the main city. This is two short train rides from the main train station Sannomiya, or three from Kobe Airport.

The island itself is very quiet, but there are a number of restaurants, convenience stores, coffee shops, and fast food joints near the hotel. It's pretty convenient. The property is luxurious but starting to show its age. Renovations appear to be in progress, but have not finished yet.

The Good:

-very quiet and peaceful
    -good Platinum treatment (upgrade, welcome gifts of chocolate and fruit, lounge access, newspapers, free breakfast as well as plat amenity)
    -well-trained and competent staff
    -very grand for a Sheraton -feels like it should be a Westin instead)
    -good breakfast spread

The Bad:

-rooms are scuffed and showing age
    -only wired internet
    -lounge was closed for renovations during my stay -there was a temporary lounge set up in a restaurant but small and dark with limited offerings
    -no complimentary water in the room
    -the internet was practically unusable during my entire stay (would hang for minutes at a time). I was trying to write blog posts and wasn't able to. A deal-breaker in my case.
    -the location is a bit out of the way

Overall:

The internet provision is a major problem if you need access to it so I hope the hotel takes steps to improve their service in this regard.

This is a grand hotel that needs to be renovated (seems they are working on it now). The location could be a problem depending on what you are doing. However, those two things aside, this is a very pleasant option for a stay in Kobe. I would consider staying here again.

sosphistocles and uggboy like this.