KLM replace Europe Select.

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by psollitt, Feb 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. psollitt
    Original Member

psollitt Gold Member

Status Points:
    As seen in many publications yesterday, KLM anounced that they were upgrading their tired and lacking Europe Select class and replacing it with Europe Business Class.

I for one look forward to see if this will be any improvement on the old product , I hope that it will not be vastly more expensive that the existing product...

linky below ...

http://corporate.klm.com/en/newsroo...lm-updates-business-class-on-european-flights

2. Gnopps
    Original Member

Gnopps Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally... Perhaps now they will themselves call it business class.

oliver2002 likes this.
  3. psollitt
    Original Member

psollitt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always found it funny the look on peoples faces who has connected off a WBC class flight and got the select 'starter and desert' box placed infront of them.
    I remember one old American gentleman asking on a AMS-LBA flight"... is that it? is this a business class? "

:)

4. Gajan

Gajan Active Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, good to see that the food boxes are going and it being replaced with proper food!

5. Zinzan
    Original Member

Zinzan Active Member

Status Points:
    Great news! Finally KLM have realised the folly of aiming to be indistinguishable from LCCs.

6. WearyBizTrvlr
    Original Member

WearyBizTrvlr Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm just wondering why it took them so long to realize that they needed to do this... Europe Select was never going to cut it.

7. TuxTraveller
    Original Member

TuxTraveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I remember refusing upgrades to Europe Select to keep my emergency exit seats... most of the time the 'snack boxes' would be totally untouched by most of the people in the Europe Select cabin, you on occassion got something that was reasonably eatable.. Several times I asked for one of the sandwiches from Economy instead :)

Good to see they've finally woken up.. shame I've already abandoned them and let my Plat status slowly drop by one tier a year...