KIX - SFO - ORD

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by JB7575, Apr 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. JB7575

JB7575 Active Member

Status Points:
    Most of my travels have taken me to Europe. Next month I'm headed to Japan and am looking at a UA flight, KIX - SFO -ORD. How much time will I need to get through Customs and recheck my bag for the SFO - ORD flight. I have Global Entry but I've never flown through SFO and don't know how much time to leave between flights. Any advice would be appreciated.

gregm and Gargoyle like this.
  2. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    SFO with GE is usually pretty efficient. United uses International terminal for some domestics flights - cutting down on transfer time further - but ORD is usually served from T3. In that case, after clearing CBP you can walk to T3 in about 5 - 7 minutes and get directly to premier/TSA Precheck security checkpoint. From there, even the furthest T3 gate is no more than a 10 min walk.

I/I MCT for SFO is 1hr. 45 min., so you won't be able to book anything shorter on the same itinerary, but that should be plenty for someone with GE and (presumably) TSA Pre.

Wandering Aramean and gregm like this.
  3. JB7575

JB7575 Active Member

Status Points:
    Thank you for the advice.