Kiva Christmas campaign idea

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by milchap, Oct 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every year, I ponder on what to give for Christmas(or the holiday season) to loved ones and friends in the small gift category

A few years back, I gave certificates that I had purchased chickens, medical supplies, school supplies to those who were in need. The feedback received was tremendous......:cool: IIRC, the program was run by a well known organization.

To make a long story, very short, this Xmas season, I will give Kiva loans. I am still debating if it will be via gift cards or opening an outright account on Milepoint or the Canada team.

This gift will be one that keeps giving year after year and it may be a strategic move to recruit more Kiva members no matter what team they join.

Is this a campaign worth promoting?

nime01, MissBurrill, Toula and 4 others like this.
  2. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think that is a fantastic gift to give. I know I would prefer to receive such a gift rather than more "stuff" that would end up in a cupboard somewhere.

nime01, milchap, MissBurrill and 2 others like this.
  4. nime01
    Original Member

nime01 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We did Kiva gift cards as a present last year - and yes, I'll do it again :D

5. Traveller
    Original Member

Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think I am going to give the adults in my family a Kiva gift card for Christmas this year, we already have everything we need, good idea MC!

I was just reading the instructions for purchasing them and see that they cost $25 and was wondering who pays the $3.75 admin fee. I didn't realize until now that the admin fee is totally optional!

6. Stephen
    Original Member

Stephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    All my cousins and family I see at Christmas are now 16+, and I plan to give Kiva cards exclusively for family gifts.