Kingfisher

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | India' started by Plus1, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Plus1
    Original Member

Plus1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    What, they haven't won all of the awards around here yet?

[​IMG]

2. lallyr
    Original Member

lallyr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wait to VM hears about that.

3. HNL
    Original Member

HNL Gold Member

Status Points:
    IME they don't deserve the 5th star.

oklAAhoma likes this.
  4. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

SuperFlyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I concur - however, Indian carriers *do* have the possibility of being world-class, it's just the work ethic now that is stopping them...

I have had great, great experiences on board Jet, but they are few and far between - and sometimes the other experiences bring down these great ones and thus, blacken the eye of the carrier!

5. akghost
    Original Member

akghost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure that if one flew AI from JFK - DEL on the new birds versus CCU - BKK or one of the other Asia routes they'd really see a difference in service; 9W seems to have to smallest gap in service consistency.

KF perhaps should get 6 stars on flagship routes but other routes, ehh?

6. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    9w on short-haul international can be horrible at best - worse than BOM-DEL for example...

Not sure how Kingfisher fares on this personally, as I don't fly them too much.

Does anyone know if they are serving Dom on the BOM-SIN-BOM sector?

7. Globalflyer
    Original Member

Globalflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I rarely fly domestic in India but the last time I flew 9w in Y it was pretty good. Much better experience I've had than most of my domestic flights within the US. The nimbu pani was excellent [​IMG]! I wonder if all the airlines in India offer it or just Jet!

8. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, I consider Jet having the most consistent product in Y.

imo, Kingfisher beats Jet in biz, as they have larger portions and drink glasses, but overall, Jet is my preferred carrier of choice.

However, I think that one has to still consider Kingfisher as an option, especially as they are on their way to join an alliance in proper order - unlike AI!

9. SuperFlyBoy
    Original Member

Status Points:
    And yes, Kingfisher does have some sort of nimbu pani on board on some flights, as I recall...and is relatively decent in Y. However, they have Kingfisher Red (all-economy) flights, which are different from mainline, which are similar to Jet's Konnect product.

However, I think the last time on Kingfisher Red, they didn't charge for meals on board - probably so they don't cheapen the brand.

Maybe someone else can advise if Kingfisher *ever* requires you to pay for food? (Don't think so, but I'm not sure about this)

This is a complete turnaround from when Kingfisher Red was the old Air Deccan (bought over by Mallya), who were indeed a LCC, and charged you for everything!

10. Globalflyer
    Original Member

Globalflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
  11. A2A

A2A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Their product internationally varies with the plane they are flying. recently did MAA-CMB-MAA and did BOM-DXB-BOM with them. narrow body planes. hence different level of service as compared to when the bigger bird flies , to HKG, SIN, BRU, LHR and across the pond to JFK!